Specialized Support Initiative
With new funding from Health Canada, ECIP is excitied to be able to provide services to families of 6 - 17 year olds that are First Nations to provide service coordination and support in accessing funding to address unmet needs.
The Specialized Support Initiative (SSI) is a province-wide network of home and community based services provided to families with children aged 6-17 who have a developmental delay, disability, or identified health related condition that affects the activities of their daily living. The SSI will support families in navigating various systems and provide ways of inclusion in all aspects of their child's life.
The goal of the SSI is to assist families by providing information, resources and opportunities to enhance well-being and access to services for their child/youth.
The SSI will help children with developmental delays,disabilities or identified health related conditions to reach their best potential. The SSI facilitator builds relationships with families and assists them in working toward mutually-identified goals for their child.
The SSI facilitator can:
- assist in connecting families with diagnostic services, and help families follow through on recommendations made.
- connect families with support systems in their community
- provide student, family, and community services with best practice information
- support families as they advocate for theirchild's needs
- support students transitioning from home to school, and as they transition into adulthood
- participate in problem solving difficult situations around a child with extra needs
- advocate for supports otherwise available to children/youth residing off reserve
Child, Youth and Family Support
- Program is child/youth-centred and family focussed
- We offer in-home and/or centre based support
- We work in partnership with families and other professionals
Early Childhood Intervention Program, Regina Region Inc.
Email: click here to use our form