Specialized Support Program
The Early Childhood Intervention Program (ECIP) offers the Specialized Support Program to families with children ages 6-17 to provide service coordination and support in accessing funding to address unmet needs.
To be eligible for this program the child must:
- Be between the ages of 6-17 (up to the day they turn 18).
- Have First Nation registration status (or be eligible for registration), be Inuit, or be non-status Indigenous that ordinarily lives on reserve.
- Have an unmet need
What our Specialized Support Facilitators do:
- Support families in navigating various systems
- Provide information, resources, and opportunities to enhance well-being and access services for the child/ youth
- Assist in connecting families with additional support when necessary, such as diagnostic services, therapeutic services, Jordan's Principle applications, disability tax credits, respite services, home care, etc.
- Support families in accessing services that are culturally relevant to the individual
- Connect families with support systems in their community
- Support families as they advocate for their child's needs
- Support students transitioning from home to school, and as they transition into adulthood
- Participate in problem solving difficult situations around a child with complex needs
- Advocate for supports otherwise available to children/ youth residing off-reserve
- Provide ways of inclusion in all aspects of the child's life
Child, Youth and Family Support
- Child/youth-centred and family focused
- We offer in-home and/or centre based support
- We work in partnership with families and other professionals
Early Childhood Intervention Program, Regina Region Inc.
Email: click here to use our form